Organisation: IDIA (Increasing Diversity By Increasing Access to Legal Education)
Reports to: COO
The Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education Trust is a nationwide movement that aims to empower underprivileged and marginalized communities in India by transforming students from such communities into world-class lawyers and community leaders.
Reason for the hire:
We are looking for a Public Relations (PR) Manager to organize and oversee PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public. We expect you to have a creative mind and excellent communication skills. If you are also confident in your public speaking and project management abilities, we’d like to meet you. Your goal will be to cultivate a positive image of the Trust.
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams and maintain open communication with senior management
- Design, edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Organize PR events (e.g., open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Manage PR issues
- Prepares written material to support fund-raising efforts.
- Researches potential sources of grant money and works with the management to prepare grant proposals.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Public Relations manager or similar PR role
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
- Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus
- Strong communication ability (oral and written) and Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- At least 5 years of public relations experience.
To apply write to firstname.lastname@example.org